Goad is art in music. The opera La Belle Dame was released May 7, 2021 on CD and digital and July 16, 2021 the vinyl edition was released. La Belle Dame is the new album to the Italian band Goad and the music is even more sophisticated, deep and fascinating than ever before. The sound is dark and the lyrics guide you through a dark labyrinth of emotional elements and pay tribute to the English poet John Keats. Goad delivers on the new album their own and subtle version of prog but is inspired of classic band as Van Der Graaf Generator, King Crimson, PFM, Procol Harum etc.
1. The Haunted Palace In The Poe’ Land (4:02)
2. The Queen Of The Valley (6:36)
3. The Man In The Dreamland (5:18)
4. Magic Stairway Pt. 1 (4:27)
5. Magic Stairway Pt. 2 (2:07)
6. Magic Stairway Pt. 3 (4:31)
7. To Sorrow Good Morrow Pt. 1 (4:06)
8. To Sorrow Good Morrow Pt. 2 (6:57)
9. To Sorrow Good Morrow Pt. 3 (3:26)
10. To Sorrow Good Morrow Pt. 4 (5:38)
11. To Sorrow Good Morrow Pt. 5 (2:07)
12. The Sweetness Of The Pain Pt. 1 (3:55)
13. The Sweetness Of The Pain Pt. 2 (2:03)
14. The Sweetness Of The Pain Pt. 3 (3:35)
Goad is an historical group from Florence, Italy. The band was formed in 1974 and is the concept of the brothers Maurilio Rossi and Gianni Rossi. For more than a decade the group performed every night at the Space Electronic in Florence where it was noticed by Freddy Mercury (Queen) who brought it to the attention of managers and labels.
Goad moved onto the underground Italian market by 1988 and their major project was the transposition of Edgar Allan Poe’s lyrics in music combined to staging and dance. They self-produced Tribute to Edgar Allan. Poe.
In 1998 two other CD’s, Glimpse and Streghe the later being a theatrical work. Meanwhile – many unpublished works have been presented on the internet – such as a complete theatrical Opera (Il Minosse – now released as Goad 002 and available for purchase) .
There is also a rock styled CD – Dark Virgin as well as the soundtrack of the film La Scacchiera. La Belel Dame is Goad`s 11th album and the album comes three years after the album Landor.
Total Time 58:48
Maurilio Rossi – vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, drums
Alessandro Bruno – guitar
Antonio Vannucci – keyboards
Filippo Trentastasi – drums
Francesco Diddi – guitar
Gianni Rossi – guitar
Martin Rush – bass, backing vocals, effects
Paolo Carniani – drums